- Silestone countertops are not 100% quartz.
- They primarily consist of natural quartz crystals, making up approximately 90% of the material.
- The remaining 10% includes resins and pigments used to bind the quartz crystals and add color to the surface.
Are you curious about Silestone countertops and their composition? Let’s dive into the world of Silestone to understand whether it’s truly 100% quartz, and why this matters when choosing the perfect countertop for your home.
What Is Silestone?
Silestone is a renowned brand in the world of countertops, known for its exceptional quality and durability. It’s a product of advanced engineering and combines natural quartz with other materials to create a superior surface. But, is it 100% quartz?
Silestone countertops are not 100% quartz. They are primarily composed of natural quartz crystals, which make up around 90% of the material. The remaining 10% consists of resins and pigments, which are used to bind the quartz crystals together and add color to the surface.
This combination of quartz, resins, and pigments results in a highly durable and low-maintenance surface that is perfect for kitchen and bathroom countertops. The addition of resins also makes Silestone less porous than natural stone, making it more resistant to stains and bacterial growth.
Why It Matters
While Silestone is not 100% quartz, its composition is carefully engineered to provide several advantages:
- Durability: The quartz content ensures that Silestone countertops are incredibly strong and resistant to scratches and impacts.
- Low Maintenance: The non-porous surface is easy to clean and doesn’t require sealing, unlike some natural stones.
- Color Variety: The pigments allow for a wide range of color options, so you can find the perfect shade to match your home’s aesthetic.
- Consistency: Unlike natural stone, Silestone slabs have a uniform appearance, with no natural variations.
Trust Olive Mill for Quality Countertops
At Olive Mill, we understand the importance of selecting the right countertop material for your home. While Silestone may not be 100% quartz, its composition is carefully designed to offer exceptional durability and aesthetics. Our family-owned and operated business has been serving homeowners in Orange County, CA, and the surrounding areas since 1986. We specialize in custom countertop fabrication and installation, working with a variety of materials, including quartz, granite, Corian, solid surface, porcelain, quartzite, and marble.
In conclusion, while Silestone is not 100% quartz, its composition offers numerous advantages that make it an excellent choice for your countertops. Trust Olive Mill to provide you with top-notch custom countertops that will enhance the beauty and functionality of your home.
For more information about Countertops – Click Here
When you choose Olive Mill, you’re choosing quality, expertise, and a personal touch that sets us apart. Contact Valerie at Olive Mill today for a consultation and get the perfect countertop for your home. Reach out via email at email@example.com or call/text 714-528-3789.